NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. BRIEF OVERVIEW: The Care for a Prize Watch & Win Contest ("Promotion") takes place between August 12, 2019 at 12:01AM ET and December 31, 2019 at 11:59PM ET ("Promotion Period"). The Promotion consists of a Grand Prize Contest. More specific details are stated below.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States/District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings) of AARP (also referred to as "Sponsor"), its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Sponsor & Others"), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, supply to or printing of this Promotion.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE/SELECTION OF WINNER/PRIZE:
How to Enter: To enter the Promotion, go to www.aarp.org/caregivingcontest ("Promotion Site") and watch the video. Once you have completed watching the video, click on the link provided to go to the Promotion Site and register. If you do not have an account, you may create an AARP account by completing and submitting the registration form. Then, follow the directions to submit your paragraph on what you learned from the video and how it could help you, hereafter referred to as your Submission ("Submission"). The Submission may not be more than 200 words.
Limit one (1) Submission per person during the Promotion Period. Use of multiple email addresses to enter the Contest by the same individual is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Submissions will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account from which the Submission is uploaded at the time of the entry, as identified by the primary email address associated with that account. Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
Submission Requirements: The Submission must comply with the following requirements: (i) the Submission may not feature any person other than entrant unless entrant has obtained all necessary written permissions and releases from such persons prior to Submission and such persons are over the age of majority in his/her state of legal residence; (ii) other than the Sponsor or the Organization, their products, brands and/or logos, the Submission may not show, contain, mention, depict, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or product of any other retailer, manufacturer, brand, product, store, place of business, person, company or character in such a way or manner as to imply an affiliation with, or endorsement of, the Sponsor, its products, brands and/or this Contest; (iii) the Submission must be entrant's own original work created solely by entrant and not created professionally; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity; (iv) the Submission may not contain, mention, refer or otherwise allude to any material that is violent, lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, racially or morally offensive or otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material; (v) the Submission cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; (vi) the Submission cannot in any manner defame, misrepresent, contain disparaging remarks or reflect negatively about Sponsor, its products, or other people, products or companies or their products, or in any way reflect negatively upon such parties or explicitly or implicitly communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to be associated, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; (vii) the Submission cannot contain any personal identification of other individuals, such as personal names, email addresses or street addresses, without express permission of the individual; (viii) the Submission cannot itself be in violation of any law; and (ix) the Submission must otherwise be in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Submission that Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, does not comply with or is in violation of these Official Rules or that otherwise contains prohibited or inappropriate content.
Prize: Each monthly Winner will receive a $500 Mastercard Gift Card. The aggregate retail value of the total amount prizes is $2,500. If the actual retail value of the Prize differs from its stated ARV, the selected monthly Winner will not receive the difference in value. Winner will receive the Prize within approximately 5-10 days of being confirmed as the winner. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received, and the Judge's evaluation of said entries.
Participant need not be an AARP member in order to enter and/or win the Prize Contest. Being an AARP member will not increase your chance or odds of winning.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL PRIZE RECIPIENTS ("PRIZE RECIPIENT"):
Prize Limit: An individual, including a member of his/her household, regardless of email address used, may only win one (1) Grand Prize throughout the Promotion Period. The Winner of the Grand Prize will receive the Grand Prize immediately after having been confirmed as a Winner. Prize is not transferable or substitutable except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for any Prize Recipient's inability to utilize her/his prize. All federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Prize Recipient. Additionally, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner of a Grand Prize may result from any of the following: (a) a potential Winner's failure, upon request, to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency, and/or eligibility; (b) a potential Winner's failure to accept or utilize the Grand Prize as provided herein; or (c) any other non-compliance, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, with the Official Rules.
4. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor & Others are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections; for miscommunications; failed telephone, computer or electronic transmissions; for jumbled, scrambled or misdirected entries or transmissions; for phone, electrical, network, technology or computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or any other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; or for non-receipt of any entry regardless of the cause of it not being properly received by Sponsor. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost or stolen entries; for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; or for any technical, printing or human errors which may occur in the receipt, non-receipt or processing of any entries, Tickets or Ticket stubs in the Promotion. In no event will Sponsor award more Grand Prizes than are stated in these Official Rules. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. Any person attempting to enter using multiple email addresses, multiple identities or any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or to interfere with the proper play of the Promotion will be disqualified from participation in the Promotion. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, the Promotion is compromised by viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which or may corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue, suspend or terminate the Promotion and proceed to select potential Winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable.
SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. PUBLICITY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By accepting a prize, each Prize Recipient agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos, videos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
Entrants grant the Sponsor all rights of ownership, reproduction, and use of entries for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, display, copyright, create derivative works or otherwise exploit entries, for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to the Entrant. By entering the Contest, each Entrant waives any and all rights he or she may have to his or her Entry. To the extent Entrant has any rights in the Entry; Entrants assigns all such rights to the Sponsor by entering the Contest.
7. GOVERNING LAW: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of Washington, DC.
8. RELEASE: By participating, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion, or arising out of the receipt, use or misuse, or enjoyment of any Prize.
9. GENERAL: By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to abide and to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Void outside of the fifty (50) United States/District of Columbia and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
10. WINNER'S LIST: To obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner, send a properly stamped, self-addressed envelope, to Care for a Prize Watch & Win Contest Winner's List, c/o: Contest Factory, 17602 17th Street #102 - 116, Tustin, CA 92780. Requests must be received within 60 days of the end of the Promotion Period.
SPONSOR: AARP, 601 E. Street NW, Washington, DC 20049
© 2019 AARP
AARP is a trademark of AARP Non-Profit Corporation, D.C. These Official Rules may not be reproduced or reprinted in part or in their entirety without the express prior written permission of AARP.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY MASTERCARD, OR ASSOCIATED WITH MASTERCARD. BY ENTERING, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE MASTERCARD FROM ANY LIABILITY RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.